Atal Pension Yojana Scheme for Unorganized-Sector
Atal Pension Yojana scheme was launched for all those People (Male/Female) who come from the Unorganized sector, to make them self-dependent after they have spent their lifetime working for a non-pensionable job.
Minimum Investment, Maximum benefits in Old-age
The people from unorganized sector- consisting of all unincorporated private enterprises owned by individuals or households engaged in the sale or people who doesn’t get any social facilities from their company, doing job on contract base, labour category, construction worker, farmers etc. production of goods and services operated on a proprietary or partnership basis.
- Under the scheme, a person will receive a minimum fixed amount of pension at the age of 60. Pension slab starting from 1000/- to 5000/- per month depending on the contribution made by them.
- The minimum age of joining the scheme is 18 years and the maximum age is 40 years.
- The minimum period of contribution by the person under the scheme is 20 years or more.
- The government will contribute 50% to the pension fund of the nominee for every contribution made by him/her for a period of 5 years. This provision only for non-tax payer people.
- Simultaneously Prime Minister Narendra Modi also launched two more schemes.
Also Read: Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana